Arthur A. Schneider

Pg. 403-404 - Arthur A. Schneider, proprietor of a bicycle establishment at 216 Bond Avenue, N.W., Grand Rapids, was born in Detroit, Michigan, May 23, 1892, a son of Fritz Schneider. He was educated in the public schools of Detroit and Grand Rapids. He has spent many years working for various bicycle companies, learning the manufacture and expert repairing of bicycles under the masters of the trade. In March 1920, he established the bicycle shop of which he is not proprietor. He has developed his business to a point where it is the largest of its kind in the city of Grand Rapids. He not only sells new bicycles, but also reconditions bicycles for re-sale. His specialty is the Schneider Special Built Racing bicycle, which is manufactured on a plan designed by himself. He also carries all kinds of accessories for bicycles. He ranks high in this field, having been a member of the six-day bicycle racing squad for a number of years. He is the Michigan state representative of the American Bicycle League and is also an officer of the Western Michigan Bicycle Club. He has build up a large trade in Grand Rapids and the vicinity, and his achievement in making his shop the largest in point of trade in the city, has stamped him as an able businessman and executive. On February 7, 1925, he married Miss Josephine Wood, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Wood, of Grand Rapids, the former of whom is deceased. The raising of pedigreed rabbits has become the hobby of Mr. Schneider, and entries of his have captured prizes in Kent County and Michigan State fairs. Mr. Schneider is a member of the Loyal Order of Moose.


Transcriber: Mary Huizen
Created: 12 March 2003
URL:
http://kent.migenweb.net/white1924/personal/schneideraa.html