Page 516 - Charles McPherson stands in the front rank of the legal profession in Kent County. He is a member of one of the leading law firms of Grand Rapids, Norris, McPherson, Harrington & Waer. Mr. McPherson was born on a farm in Calhoun county, Michigan, and attended the schools of his local community. He received his high school education at Marshall, Michigan. He continued his education at Albion College, from which institution he graduated with the degree of Ph. B. in 1895. Having made a choice of the legal profession for his life work he entered the office of Mark Norris and pursued his studies until his admission to the bar in 1898. In 1900, Mr. McPherson went to Detroit, Michigan, where he was connected with the legal department of the Pere Marquette Railroad, with F. W. Stevens, until 1910. He then practiced his profession for one year at Manistee, Michigan, but in 1911 returned to Grand Rapids and became the partner of Mark Norris, his former preceptor. Since then he has continuously been a member of the firm which is headed by Mr. Norris. Mr. McPherson is a member of the Delta Tau Delta college fraternity and is active in the Peninsular and Kent Saddle Clubs.
Transcriber: Nancy Myers
Created: 5 November 2002