[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Built in 1836, it housed the law office of
Charles P. Calkins, who came from Hinesburg, Vermont,
about this same time. Mr. Calkins married Mary Ann
Hinsdill, daughter of Hiram Hinsdill.
~ Charles P. Calkins ~
The law office was located at the northeast corner of
Monroe and Ottawa. It is now maintained by the Grand
Rapids Public Museum and was last located in Lincoln
Park adjacent to the old museum on Jefferson Street,
in downtown Grand Rapids.
All photos courtesy the Grand Rapids Public Library.