Descendants of Thomas Pender
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS1 PENDER was born Abt. 1805 in Ireland, and died Abt. 1847 in Detroit, Michigan. He married ISABEL(L) CAVANAH Abt. 1827 in Ottawa, Canada, daughter of ---- CAVANAH and MARY. She was born 25 Dec 1808 in Liverpool, England, and died 24 Sep 1898 in Hallowell, Cherokee, KA. Isabel was living with her son, William C., from before 1870 until her death in Cherokee Co., KS.
Children of THOMAS PENDER and ISABELLA CAVANAH are:
2. i. WILLIAM C.2 PENDER, b. 28 Nov 1827, Ottawa, Canada; d. 31 May 1907, Hallowell, Cherokee, KA; m. (1) MARY E. FELT, 04 Jul 1850, Ypsilanti, MI; m. (2) ALIDIA L. CRAIG, 21 Mar 1861, Muscatine, Iowa.
3. ii. CATHERINE PENDER, b. 04 Apr 1831, Ottawa, Canada; d. 17 Sep 1869, Ypsilanti, MI; m. GEORGE WANDLESS, 04 Apr 1849, Ypsilanti, MI; b. Abt. 1827, England. They were living in Ypsilanti in 1860 and had three sons, William, George and Andrew. Also, living with them was his sister, Mary Pender.
iii. GEORGE PENDER, b. Abt. 1832, New York; d. 29 Oct 1852, Ypsilanti, MI-Highland Cem..
iv. THOMAS PENDER, b. Abt. 1839, New York; d. res-Wayne Co., MI.
4. v. JAMES B. PENDER, b. Jul 1834, New York.
5. vi. MARY J. PENDER, b. Dec 1842, New York; d. 10 May 1929, Los Angeles, CA.
6. vii. MARGARET PENDER, b. Abt. 1845, New York.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM C. (2) PENDER (THOMAS (1) was born 28 Nov 1827 in Ottawa, Canada. He died in 1907. He lived near Watertown, Jefferson Co., NY until he was 16 years of age. He moved to Ann Arbor, Washtenaw Co., MI, then later, Ypsilanti, MI where he lived for 20 years. By 1860 he was living in Muscatine County, Iowa and in 1866 he moved to Cherokee County, KS where he lived the remainder of his life. He married first, in 1848 to Mary Felt, who was born in Michigan about 1828. She died at the age of 31 years in Iowa.
Children of WILLIAM C. PENDER and MARY FELT are:
i. FREDERICK, b. ca 1854 in Ypsilanti, MI, died at age 22 yrs., about 1876 in Texas
ii. FRANK, b. ca 1855 in Ypsilanti, MI; d. at 20 yrs., about 1875 in Cherokee Co., KS
iii. NORRIS, b. ca 1857 in Ypsilanti, MI; In later years, he resided in Omaha, Nebraska
WILLIAM C. married second, Alida Craig in 1862. She was
born Mar 1847 in Ohio. They both died in Lola, Cherokee County, KS.
twelve children, six of the twelve were still living in 1900.
Children of WILLIAM C. PENDER and Alida Craig are:
iv. WILLIAM, b. 1862 in Muscatine Co., Iowa
v. GEORGE, b. 1864 in Muscatine Co., Iowa
vi. MARY, b. 1866 in Cherokee Co., KS
vii. THOMAS, b. 1868 in Cherokee Co., KS
viii. NETTIE, b. 1873 in Cherokee Co., KS
ix. OLNEY, b. 1877 in Cherokee Co., KS
x. JAMES, b. May 1880 in Cherokee Co., KS
xi. MABEL, b. Jan 1888 in Cherokee Co., KS
3. CATHARINE PENDER (3) (THOMAS (1) was born 4 Apr 1831 in Ottawa, Canada. She died 17 Sep 1869 in Ypsilanti, MI. Catharine married George Wandless 4 Apr 1849
in Ypsilanti, MI. George was born about 1827 in England. They had 3 sons. Evidently, after Catharine's death, her sons were scattered and George lived in a hotel and worked as an express messenger. By 1880 was remarried to a Mary E., b. ca 1837 in Vermont.
Children of CATHERINE PENDER AND GEORGE WANDLESS are:
i. William, b. ca 1849 in Ypsilanti, MI
ii. George, b. ca 1852 in Ypsilanti, MI. In 1870 George was working as a
telegraph operator and living in a boarding house with his brother, Andrew
Eugene was still in school. George married Mina L. about 1875. Mina was born Nov 1854 in Michigan. They were living in Cuyahoga, Ohio in 1900 with their
4 children - George E., b. Nov 1879 in Canada; Mina A., born Nov 1881 in Canada; Maggie L. born Jan 1885 in Canada
Norma C. was born Jan 1888 in Michigan. By 1910, George, Mina and Norma were living in Detroit, Michigan.
iii. Andrew Eugene, b. ca 1856 in Ypsilanti, MI
2. JAMES DANIEL2 PENDER(THOMAS1) was born Jul 1834 in New York. He married MARY SMITH. She was born Jun 1834 in Massachusetts.
Children of JAMES PENDER and MARY SMITH are:
i. MARY F. PENDER, b. Dec 1860, California. Mary married
about 1891 to Howard K. Burgess. Howard was born August 1857
They had no children.
ii. ADA H.3 PENDER, b. Mar 1865, California. Ada was living with her parents in 1910.
ii. WALTER L. PENDER, b. 19 Jan 1867, California. Walter
died 30 Jan 1961, Monterey, California. In 1910, Walter was a
tailor and had his own shop. He married Flora E. about 1905.
She was born ca 1870 in Connecticut. After retirement, they
moved to Monterey, California. On his death record, the maiden
name of his mother is given as "SMITH". They had no
3. MARY Jane2 PENDER(William (2),THOMAS1) was born 15 Dec 1842 in New York, and died 10 May 1929 in Los Angeles, CA. She married STEPHEN M. WEBSTER 16 Apr 1861 in Ypsilanti, Washtenaw, MI. He was born Nov 1839 in Pennsylvania, and died 11 Aug 1913 in Los Angeles, CA.
Children of MARY PENDER and STEPHEN WEBSTER are:
i. HARRY B.3 WEBSTER, b. Abt. 1865, Michigan.
ii. LOUIS B. WEBSTER, b. Abt. 1872, Michigan.
1) iii. CORA B. WEBSTER, b. Abt. 1862, Michigan.
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FOR STEPHEN WEBSTER AND MARY PENDER
DEATH RECORD FOR MARY JANE (PENDER) WEBSTER IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
DEATH RECORD FOR STEPHEN M. WEBSTER IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
OBITUARIES FOR MARY JANE (PENDER) WEBSTER AND STEPHEN M. WEBSTER
1. CORA BELLE (3) WEBSTER (MARY JANE PENDER (2), THOMAS (1) was born 28 Feb 1862 in Ann Arbor, Washtenaw, MI. She d. 20 Jul 1924 in Detroit, Wayne, MI. She married WILLIAM P. LANE on 17 Feb 1885 in Detroit, Wayne, MI. WILLIAM was the son of John Lane and Ellen O'Donohue. He was born 13 Feb 1860 in Michigan. He died in Jul 1924 in Detroit, Wayne, MI. Cora Belle and William is buried in Mt. Elliot Cemetery, Detroit, Michigan.
Children of WILLIAM P. LANE AND CORA BELLE WEBSTER are:
i. ELLEN MARIA LANE (3) b. 19 Jun 1886 in Detroit, MI. She m. Joseph A. H. Bixby on 4 Aug 1910 in Detroit. He was born in 1885 in Massachusetts.
Children of ELLEN MARIA LANE AND JOSEPH A. H. BIXBY are:
i. Agnes L. Bixby was born 27 May 1911 in Virginia, USA. She died 4 Mar 2000 in Sagamore Beach, MA. Agnes was a veteran of WWII and a Coast Guard Captain in the Korean War.
ii. Mary Virginia Bixby was born 13 Jun 1913 in Los Angeles, CA. She died 15 Mar 1992 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess, NY. She had two children: David Wengen and Katherine Wengen.
iii Katherine E. Bixby was born 12 Mar 1919 in Philadelphia, PA. She died 11 Jul 2005 in Sandwich, MA.
Children of WILLIAM P. LANE AND CORA BELLE WEBSTER continued:
ii. BABY BOY LANE (3) was born and died 15 Aug 1888 in Detroit, MI.
iii. MARGUERITE LOUISE LANE (3) was born 25 May 1890 in Detroit, MI. She
died 5 Dec 1981 in Los Angeles, CA. She married Reginald Michael
Fennessy on 20 Oct 1923 in Detroit, MI. He was born 25 Sep 1891 in Brant,
Ontario, Canada. He died in 1956 in Los Angeles, CA.
They had one son, WILLIAM J. FENNESSY who was born 12 Sep 1925 in Detroit, MI. He died 15 Apr 2005 in Altadena, CA. He married Jacqueline Gills. She was born 8 Jan 1936 and died 24 Jul 2006 in California. William had five sons: William J., Jr., Brian P., Michael K., David S. and Daniel L.
iv. WILLIAM WEBSTER LANE (3) was born 11 Aug 1892 in Detroit, MI and died 19 Oct 1892 in Detroit, MI; buried Mt. Elliot Cemetery
v. JAMES EDWARD LANE (3) was born 30 Aug 1894 in Detroit, MI; He died 16 Sep 1920 in Albuquerque, NM; buried Mt. Elliot Cemetery.
vi. PAULINE F. LANE (3) was born in 1896 in Detroit, MI. She died in Mar 1921 in Detroit. She married Michael Joseph Stempl on 26 Apr 1917 in Detroit, MI. He was born 13 Mar 1894 in Chicago, ILL. Pauline is buried in Mt. Elliot Cemetery.
4.MARGARET2 PENDER (THOMAS1) was born Abt. 1845 in New York. She married (1) JOHN HILL(S). He was born Abt. 1843 in Baden, Germany. She married (2) CHARLES WARD WILKINS Aft. 1867, son of ---- WILKINS. He was born 04 Mar 1849 in Ypsilanti, MI, and died 07 Dec 1918 in Anaconda Co., Montana.
Children of MARGARET PENDER and JOHN HILL(S) are:
i. MARY3 HILL(S), b. Abt. 1868, Michigan.
ii. JANE HILL(S), b. Abt. 1870, Michigan.
Created: 04 February 2008