THE METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF ADA #97
Charter Members, 1865-1880

The Methodist Episcopal Church services were first held in the old school-house near the site of the present brick structure, in 1865. Among the original members were:

William Sexton Mrs. Sexton

Mrs. Ferris Mrs. J. L. Clements

Gordon Chapel Thomas King

G. W. Reikert Mrs. Reikert

The pastors of the church from the period of organization to the present time are:

Rev. Daniel Bush

Rev. Hanerlin

Rev. Tanner

Rev. Bacon

Rev. Hollister

Rev. Whitman

Rev. Warner

Rev. Cleghorn

Rev. Thomas

Rev. Spencer

Rev. Hine

Rev. Hankenson

Rev. Reil

Rev. Rork

Rev. Thomas

The present church was built in 1871 by John Hopkins. The present membership is 80. The Sunday-school is under the superintendency of Mr. McKeel(1880).


Created: 13 July 2005
URL: http://kent.migenweb.net/churches/methodist/AdaME/memb1880.html