Grattan Township Early Protestant Churches
THE GRATTAN CENTER BAPTIST CHURCH
The Baptist Church of Grattan Center was built in 1864. Among the first members were Wm. C. Slayton, Harmon Whitney, Almon Hubbell, Palmer T. Stocking, Joshua Howell.
Among the pastors was Rev. C. C. Miller who remained many years.
THE METHODIST EPISCOPAL OF GRATTAN TOWNSHIP
The Methodist Episcopal Society was organized in the winter of 1878, by Elder Cole of Cannonsburg. Elder Thomas succeeded Mr. Cole. The services of the society are held in the Baptist Church (1880).
THE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF GRATTAN TOWNSHIP
The Congregationalists formed a society here some years ago,(1880) and held services in the Union Church.