Early Church of Grace Bible
Grace Bible Church
Celebrates 75th Anniversary - 2008
The church was originally known as Grace Chapel. It had its beginnings in 1933 by meeting in Grandville homes. The space over the feed store at the corner of Franklin Street and Chicago Drive was rented and the first worship service was held on January 22, 1933 with 150 people in attendance.
The building was very dusty due to its location near the railroad tracks and the services were sometimes disrupted by train whistles. The first pastor was Rev. R. H. Redinbaugh. The church grew and was soon able to purchase the Odd Fellows Hall at 37 Wilson Avenue. During this time, George Tuinstra as their pastor until 1948 and his nephew, Gerald Tuinstra, was pastor from 1949 until 1955.
Due to growth in the church, in 1956 land was purchased at 3715 Wilson Avenue. The original building held the chapel and education rooms. In 1963 there was additional expansion and in 1985 more rooms were added.
The church is a member of the Independent Fundamental Churches of America.
Created: 31 Dec 2010