St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, 1889 - 1914
(25th Anniversary)
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Transcribed by Evelyn Sawyer, 2002

  This includes the early history of the church and the Roll of Honor (contributing members) in 1914.

Among the many benefactors to Catholic institutions, benefactors of whom Grand Rapids may well be proud, perhaps few are better known and deserve greater praise than Mr. Jno. Clancy, now deceased. Mr. Clancy in his life time had devised to the Rt. Rev. Bishop, Henry Joseph Richter, the sum of $60,000, to be used in the purchase of grounds and the erection of suitable buildings for an orphan asylum to be located in this city.

At this time the cathedral parish was overcrowded and the Bishop decided to divide it and form a new parish in the North End. He selected and bought sufficient grounds in the Fifth Ward, whereon to erect not only an asylum, but also a church, school and other necessary parochial buildings. The plan had been well conceived. There was no doubt that a new parish was needed. But who was to be entrusted with the new and difficult undertaking? The Bishop’s desire was to hand over the work to one of the many religious orders of clergy, then in the United States. After some negotiating, he succeeded in obtaining the consent of the Redemptorist Fathers to assume control.

Before the services of the Redemptorists had been engaged, the orphanage was well under way. In the latter part of August, 1888, while the priests of the diocese were in their annual retreat, the Very Rev. Wm. Lowenkamp, Provincial of the Redemptorists, of the St. Louis Province, with Fr. Theo. Lamy C. SS. R., arrived in Grand Rapids, and went directly to his Lordship, Bishop Richter. The Bishop received them most kindly, hospitably giving them accommodations in his own residence.

As the members of the Redemptorist Congregation are required by rule to live in community, the reverend Provincial at once sought a home for the Fathers, who were to start the new parish. He rented a house at 41 King Court – a one-and-a-half story frame, part of which, the older inhabitants tell us, at one time served as a barn. The new residence was occupied Sept. 1, 1888, by the community, consisting of Fr. Lamy as superior, assisted by Rev. Terrence Clarke from St. Louis, and Brother John from Detroit. The pastors were now ready for their charge.

On Sunday, August 26th, 1888, it had been announced in St. Andrew’s Cathedral, as well as in St. James’ Church, that Mass would be said in the new asylum building, East Leonard Street, on Sunday, Sept. 2nd, at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. This was the real beginning of the new St. Alphonsus’ parish, and memorable that beginning was. The parishioners, who attended that first service, like to recall the eventful occasion and rival one another in enumerating the difficulties and odd circumstances, not now encountered by their children, who enjoy all the advantages of a well established and well organized parish.

The week before Sept. 2nd, preparations were made in the orphanage for divine service. A room on the first floor was selected as most appropriate. It was swept and cleaned as well as possible. A few crude benches without backs had been hurriedly put together, a few boards stretched across two carpenter horses, and covered with white cloth, served as the altar. The Very Rev. Provincial Fr. Lowenkamp preached at both of the opening Masses. His text was: "Build a house for the Lord, and He will build a house for you." He told the assembled people what had been the occasion of the Fathers’ coming to Grand Rapids and how they had found their way to the sand lots and wilderness of the North End. Eloquently did he encourage the new pastors and the new parishioners to join heart and hand in this work of forming the new parish and in the up-building of the same.

We of today, reviewing their glorious record of noble aims and marvelous deeds, can easily see how generously and whole-heartedly those first listeners, those brave founders and intrepid pioneers of this parish, answered their leader’s call. The best that was in them, the heroic, was appealed to, and all responded with a devotion and heroicity that entitles them to a place in the hearts of all present and future members of this favored congregation.

In those first years when St. Andrew’s parish was divided, that part of the city lying north of Trowbridge Street and east of the river, together with a large part of Grand Rapids, Ada, and Plainfield townships, was set off as St. Alphonsus' parish. The Fathers, during the first week of September, 1888, set to work, taking the census of the parish and collecting funds.

The next Sunday, Sept. 9th, the Masses were celebrated in the asylum, but under great inconvenience. The building had not yet been inclosed. Cotton sheeting had been tacked up to keep out wind and rain. The elements, however, did not seem in sympathy with the earnest piety of those first worshippers, and a brisk gale ruthlessly blew down all the protections, the wind entering every door and window. The candles at holy Mass could not remain lighted and self-protecting candlesticks had to be procured. Accordingly, two young men, John Broffee and William Kelly held and tried to keep the candles lit during the services. Says the annalist of that date: "As the two young men named walked up to the altar to secure their candle, many of the congregation present smiled with approbation, because both the youths on exhibition had not been so privileged before." In the afternoon Catechism was taught for the first time to the children, numbering 104.

FINN’S HALL

Owing to the inclemency and uncertainty of the weather and the unfinished condition of the asylum, arrangements were made that same day, September 9th, to hold services for the future at Finn’s Hall, No. 27 Plainfield Avenue, till better accommodations could be provided. Mr. Patrick Finn promised the use of his hall on Saturdays and Sundays and Holydays for six months from date, free of charge. He faithfully kept his promise, and his kindness was greatly appreciated by all. However, the idea that all fondly entertained was the erection of a new building on the ground, bought from the Bishop for $1,400. This sum had been collected two years previously by Father Roche from the Catholics in the North End for a new church and school in the Fifth Ward.

The plans of St. Alphonsus combination church and school were completed before the middle of September. The new building was to face Leonard Street, 50-foot front, and extend 115 north toward Carrier Street. It was to be two stories. The contracts had been let and the work of excavation commenced September 15. The heavens were propitious and the work went on steadily, progressed rapidly. In the meantime, Finn’s Hall was the scene of divine worship. All the chapel furniture, poor as it was, altar, benches, decorations, all except the "living candlesticks" had been removed from the orphanage to the temporary church on Plainfield Avenue.

On September 16th regular services were held at Finn’s Hall for the first time. On week days two Masses were said, in the room which was called the "parlor" at the pastoral residence, 41 King Court. This programme was continued till the completion of the new building on Leonard Street.

THE FIRST PARISH BUILDING

October 14, 1888, was the day appointed for the laying of the cornerstone for the new parochial school. It was a red letter day in the Catholic history of Grand Rapids. The weather was most favorable and thousands of rejoicing Catholics and eager spectators from the East side and West side gathered on Leonard street to see the impressive ceremonies. Various societies from the different parishes, headed by two bands, lent evident proof and solemnity to this demonstration of Catholic faith and Catholic practice….

After the solemn blessing of the memorial cornerstone, His Lordship gave a brief address….

Alderman Maurice Shanahan, President of the City Council, then came forward with a large gavel and invited all present to help in laying a solid and financial foundation for the parish. His appeal was met with a hearty response and $700 cash was collected through the audience and many subscriptions secured.

 

DEDICATION OF NEW TEMPORARY CHURCH

Work on the new school went on with amazing rapidity, so much so indeed that it was clear the opening could take place January 6, 1889. On the day of the dedication the first Mass was celebrated at Finn’s Hall and at 10:30 began the blessing of the new edifice. When the blessing had been concluded, solemn high Mass was sung in the presence of the Rt. Rev. Bishop by the Pastor, Fr. Theo. Lamy, assisted by Fr. Clarke as deacon and Fr. Distler as sub-deacon….

On September 2nd , 1889 St. Alphonsus’ School was opened with four Dominican Sisters in charge. The names of the sisters were Sts. Cyprian, Sabina, Ignatius and Alocoque. One hundred and eighty children were present at the first roll call….

PROSPEROUS DAYS

With a church and a school, the new parish began to flourish. People were attracted from other parishes and settled in the North End. The congregation grew, and every year saw more families in the parish and more children in school…..

The first pastor, Rev. Theo. Lamy, spent himself for his flock. He had loved them and labored for them, and when death took him… all prayed for his eternal rest. Rev. Fr. Clarke was placed in charge on the death of Fr. Lamy, and administered the affairs of the parish from August, 1892 to May 4, 1893, when he was succeeded by Rev. Ferreol Girardey, C.SS.R., who remained until May 11, 1894, when he was appointed provincial of the order, and was succeeded by Rev. Fr. Mullane, C. SS. R., who remained pastor until November 19, 1894. On this day Rev. Joseph Distler, C. SS. R., came as rector of St. Alphonsus’, and directed the parish to May 4, 1898. At this time the Redemptorist Fathers of the Eastern Province were sent to Grand Rapids, and Rev. Patrick Barrett became Pastor. At the end of his three-year term Fr. Distler returned to his old charge. His administration lasted until May 20, 1904.

PREPARING FOR A NEW CHURCH

During these many years under such active leaders St. Alphonsus’ parish had kept on increasing. The old Church could not accommodate all the people. Year after year collections had been taken up, suppers had been held, and entertainments had been given – all with the intention of raising funds for a more spacious and more beautiful church. The work of building up a new temple for the greater honor and glory of God received a new impetus during Fr. Distler’s second administration. Just in the midst of his success, however, he was removed from this parish to a new field of labor. When Fr. Distler was sent to St. Louis, MO., 1904, some of his friends feared that the new church movement might be retarded but Rev. George Hild dispelled those fears. At the expiration of his term he had the joy of seeing the new church under roof. Fr. Joseph Firle was appointed pastor May 6th, 1907.

CONSECRATION OF THE NEW CHURCH

October 20th, 1909, saw the advent of the devoted pastor of St. Alphonsus’, Rev. Joseph Chapoton. When he arrived on the scene and saw the church standing unfinished while the old hall was far too small for the large congregation, he determined to complete the new church. By his earnestness and zeal he gained the good will of the entire parish and after six or seven weeks of hard, untiring effort, the Fathers and people working hand in hand, the church was completed. It was consecrated by his Lordship, Henry Joseph Richter, December 22nd, 1909, with all the impressive rites of the Catholic ritual.

Rev. Chapoton’s stay at St. Alphonsus’ was brought to an end August 3, 1912. He was transferred to Portland, Oregon.

THE NEW SCHOOL

Rev. Edward K. Cantwell, our present pastor, who had been superior in Portland till August 3, 1912, succeeded Rev. Fr. Chapoton. Rev. Cantwell had been sent to found a new parish in Portland.

Fr. Chapoton had contemplated remodeling the old school. He had started the funds – even the plans had been drawn. Fr. Cantwell recognized that the old school could not satisfy the growing needs of all the children. After consulting with the Fathers and with the men of the parish, he proceeded to carry out Ft. Chapoton’s policies. Fr. Cantwell, however, change the plans for the building and decided to erect a practically new school.

Before he undertook this task, he completed another work – the old pastoral residence had become inadequate for the increasing community of Fathers and Brothers – more room and more accommodations were required. The old house was moved about forty feet from Leonard street and made to face on Carrier street.

When the erection of the new school is completed the setting of serve as a parish hall. Some of the school rooms will be converted into places of meeting for the different church societies. At present about 300 children attend St. Alphonsus’ school. The good Dominican Sisters, through twenty-five years, have labored against great odds. The Sister at present in charge is St. Cyrilla, assisted by Sisters Cherubina, Regina, Alphonsine, Callista and Francesca.

1889 - 1914

RELIGIOUS STATISTICS

1. Baptisms 73

2. Converts 15

3. Marriages 6

4. Deaths 22

5. Communions 28,000

6. Number of children in school 290

7. Number of children confirmed 116

PARISH REGULATIONS

All members of the Parish should have their names entered in the Pew-rent Register. This rule includes the single men and women, as well as the married. There are single sittings for the single wage-earner or salary-drawer.

Pew-rent must be paid quarterly in advance.

Pew-holders requiring more time to pay their pew-rent should notify the Pastor. Pew-holders behind in their payments two or more quarters are supposed to have relinquished all rights to their pew or sitting, and pew or sitting may be rented without further notice.

The ushers will protect the pew-holders rights. Reasonable complaints may be made to the Pastor.

No pew will be reserved after the Gloria of the Mass has commenced.

If there be anyone who, on account of circumstances, cannot rent a sitting, let him inform the Pastor, and he shall have a sitting assigned to him and receive credit for full payment in the annual report. This is all we require of the poor, but this is expected.

A contribution is expected from every wage-earned at the Sunday collection. In all well-regulated parishes offerings of pennies are accepted from children only.

PARISH SOCIETIES

· Altar Society 100 members

· Holy Name Society 160 members

· Ladies of the Holy Family 260 members

· Young Ladies’ Sodality 96 members

· Children of Mary 80 members

· Junior Holy Name Society 68 members

 

PASTORS OF ST. ALPHONSUS’ PARISH – 1888 – 1938
(From the 50th Anniversary booklet.)

ROLL OF HONOR

ALLAN, MARTIN

ALLGIER, BEUHLA

ALLGIER, J.

ALLGIER, LULU

ALLGIER, MINNIE

ALLGIER, MRS. WM

ANAWAY, MRS. IRVING

ANDREWS, ANNA

AVERILL, MRS.

AVOY, MR.

BAAR, W. F.

BAECHLER, BASIL

BAILEY, MRS. MARY

BAILEY, S. S.

BARRETT, M. E.

BARRY, W. L.

BAUER, ELIZABETH

BAYER, MRS. M.

BEK, JOHN M.

BERRY, MRS. E.

BEUCHE, CHARLES

BEUCHE, MRS. GEO.

BILLO, JAMES

BILLO, MRS. H.

BILLO, MRS. J.

BIRD, ELLA

BIRD, STEPHEN

BLANCHARD, MRS.

BONNER, MISS NELLIE

BOTT, FRANK

BOUCHER, L. D.

BOWLER, D.

BOYER, JOHN

BOYLAN, THOMAS, JR.

BOYLAN, THOS., SR.

BOYLAND, T. P.

BRAINARD, BARBARA

BRAINARD, E. E.

BRAINARD, MRS.

BRAUGHAM, PHIL.

BRENNEN, J.

BRENNEN, MRS. J.

BRINKMAN, JULIA

BRINKMAN, MARY E.

BRINKMAN, W. C.

BRITT, WILLIAM

BROCKSCHMIDT, WM P.

BROWN, A. R.

BROWN, A. T.

BRYNE, MRS. ARTHUR

BULLIS, MRS. J.

BURNS, JAMES

BURNS, MAMIE

BURNS, MAY C.

BUSCH, CHARLES

BYRNE, E.

BYRNE, JOHN J.

BYRNE, PETER

CALKINS, EZRA

CALLAGHAN, F. L.

CALLAGHAN, F. L.

CAMPBELL, H.

CANNON, PATRICK

CANTON, WM

CAREY, LILLIAN

CARLING, ----

CARLING, MAUDE

CARLING, MRS. EDWARD

CASEY, MRS. PATRICK

CHAMPION, FLORENCE

CHAMPION, MARGARET

CHILDREN OF MARY

CLARK, MRS. J.

CLEARY, MICHAEL

COE, O. D.

COLEMAN, FANNIE

COLLINS, M. K.

COLLINS, MICHAEL

COLLINS, THOS F.

CONLEY, EDWARD

CONLEY, G. B.

CONLEY, JAMES

CONLEY, PATRICK

CONLEY, WILLIAM

CONLEY, WM

CONLON, JOHN

CONLY, EDWARD

CONNELLY, THOMAS B.

CONNOR, HERMAN

CONNOR, MICHAEL H.

COOK, ANTHONY

COOK, FRANK M.

COOPER, WILLIAM

CORBY, MRS. E.

CORNEILLISSON, MINNIE

COX, LILLIAN

COX, MRS. MARY

COYLE, MRS. C. J.

CRANNER, MRS. J.

CRAY, A.

CROSS, LEAGUE OF THE

CUDDOHY, M. J.

CUDIHEY, J. E.

CULLIGAN, FRANK

CUSICK, M. J.

DALBIAS, MRS. MARY

DALE, MRS. FRANK

DALTON, FRANK

DANIELS, C. B.

DELACEY, MRS.

DEVRIENDT, MRS. C.

DIENDORF, CATHERINE

DILLENBECK, CHAS

DILLENBECK, MRS. S.

DOHERTY, WM S.

DOLAN, MATILDA A.

DONEGAN, JAMES

DONOVAN, J. T.

DOODEY, MR. WM, JR.

DOODY, MARY

DOODY, WM

DOWNS, JAMES

DOWNS, MIKE

DOYLE, FRANK

DOYLE, WM J.

DRISCOLL, EARL

DRISCOLL, MICHAEL

DRISCOLL, MISS J.

DRISCOLL, MRS. J.

DRISCOLL, MRS. MARY

DURSAM, WM A. L.

DUTMERS, JOHN

DUTMERS, MARTIN C.

EARL, MRS. O. P.

EDWARDS, E. G.

ELKINS, MRS. ANGELIA

ELLIS, GEORGE

EMORY, MRS. F.

EMPEROR, C.

EVANS, GEO.

EVERHART, CLAUDE

FARRELL, CHAS J.

FARRELL, FRANK & FAM.

FERRIS, D.

FERRIS, NICK

FINN, MRS.

FINN, THE MISSES

FITZGERALD, JOS. B.

FITZPATRICK, MISS DELLA

FLORY, G. E.

FOLEY, JOHN

FOLEY, THOS. G.

FORCHT, MRS. A.

FOX, MRS. MARY J.

FRITSCH, F. C.

GALLAWAY, A.

GANNON, HUGH

GARDAFEE, MRS. F.

GARNESS, WM

GEBFORD, A.

GEORGE, EUGENE

GHYSELS, MR. A. JOS.

GIBSON, A. K.

GILL, MISS E.

GILLIS, CHAS.

GORMAN, THOMAS

GOTHIEA, MR. JOS.

GOTHIEA, MR. L. S.

GOTHIEA, MRS. A.

GRADY, H. O.

GRADY, M. A.

GRANT, PATRICK

GREEN, NELSON T.

GROVES, J. W.

GRYPMA, ALICE

GRYPMA, MRS. J.

HALL, MRS. M.

HALL, ROSA

HAMACHER, WALTER

HANDS, JOHN

HANDS, MRS. M. E.

HANDS, OWEN

HANRAHAN, J.

HANRAHAN, MAYME

HANSEN, MRS. H.

HARRINGTON, MR. & MRS. L. W.

HARRISON, F. A.

HARTMAN, FRED

HARTNETT, ELMER

HARTNETT, J. H.

HAWTHORNE, J. A.

HAWTHORNE, MISS E.

HAYES, HUGH

HAYES, JOHN P.

HEIN, MRS. LIZZIE

HENDERSHOT, H. AND ALLEN

HENRY -----

HENZE, F. W.

HERMAN, PETER

HILBER, MISS T.

HITESMAN, JOHN

HOBAN, MARTIN J.

HOENICKE, MRS. H.

HOGAN, M.

HOGAN, W. E.

HOLY FAMILY SOCIETY

HOLY NAME OF JESUS, JR.

HOLY NAME OF JESUS, SR.

HOPPER, DOLORES

HOPPER, MR. C. A.

HORNUNG, H. R.

HOWELL, JAMES J.

HUGHES, MARGARET

HUGHES, MISS ANNA

HUGHES, MISS MARY

HUGHES, MRS. MAY

HUGHES, PHILLIP

HURLEY, GEO.

IMPENS, CHAS

IMPENS, F.

IMPENS, FRED

IMPSON, H. L.

JARECKI, LOUISE

JARECKI, MRS. S.

JEWETT, JULIA I.

JOHNSON, A. L.

JONES, OWEN

KAYWOOD, BERT

KEATING, JAMES

KEENAN, FRANK

KEHOE, DANIEL

KELLEY, ED.

KELLY, JOHN

KELLY, MR. AND MRS.

KERWIN, GEO. J.

KIRCHKOFF, EILEEN

KIRCHKOFF, MR. WM F.

KLINE, A. S.

KLOFT, JOHN

KLOFT, MR. FRANK

KNIGHT, ANNA

KNIGHT, HELEN

KNIGHT, SAMUEL

KODDY, MARY A.

KORTLANDER, JOS.

KREISER, JOS.

KUHN, FRANK

KUHN, JACOB

KUPPS, MRS.

LABELLE, JOS.

LADRIERE, C. J.

LADRIERE, K.

LANG, JOS. B.

LARDIE, BLANCHE

LARDIE, FLORENCE

LARDIE, J. A.

LARDIE, MRS. ANNA

LAUNIERE, LOUISE

LAWYER, MRS. ALICE

LEACH, JAMES

LEACH, MRS. ROSE

LEAGUE OF THE CROSS

LEONARD, MRS. A.

LOMG, JOHN

LONG, MRS. JOHN

LOUGHRAG, MRS.

LOUGHRAG, MRS. CATH.

LOWITZKY, ARNOLD G.

LUNT, L. H.

LYONS, THOS.

MACKLEY, C. R.

MACKLEY, J. H.

MALONE, P. J.

MALONE, THOS F.

MALONEY, BESS

MALONEY, ED.

MALONEY, FRANCES

MALONEY, MRS. N. J.

MANGAN, JOHN

MANGAN, JOHN

MANGAN, THOS

MANGOLD, MRS. JOHN

MANNING, LUKE

MANNING, W. T.

MCAVOY, MICHAEL

MCCAULEY, ARTHUR

MCCORMICK, J. F.

MCCORMICK, L.

MCCUEN, GERTRUDE

MCCUEN, JANE

MCCUEN, M. P.

MCDERMOTT, THOS P.

MCDONNELL, MICHAEL

MCDONOUGH, ANNA

MCGRATH, DENNIS

MCGUIRE, THOMAS

MCILVAIN, MRS. H.

MCKAY, MRS. D. C.

MCLAUGHLIN, GEORGE

MCLAUGHLIN, MISS CLARA

MCLAUGHLIN, MR. W.

MCLOUGHLIN, E.

MCLOUGHLIN, MRS. BRIDGET

MCNARMA, MRS.

MCNERNEY, CHAS.

MCSORLEY, JAMES

MCWILLIAMS, J. C.

MENTZER, WALTER

MILAN, JAMES

MILAN, JOS.

MILLER, AUGUST

MILLER, MISS L.

MILLER, MRS. MARY

MILLER, WENZEL

MILLS, JAMES

MINOGUE, M.

MINOGUE, MICHAEL

MINOGUE, MRS. D.

MINOGUE, S. D.

MITCHELL, MARCELLA

MITCHELL, MR. JOHN

MOONEY, MR. WM

MORAN, ABBIE

MORAN, NELLIE

MORAN, THE MISSES

MOWAT, MRS. F.

MULLIGAN, J.

MULLIGAN, MAYME

MULLIGAN, MRS. JOHN

MULVEY, MRS. J.

MURPHY, MRS. A.

MURPHY, MRS. M. A.

MURPHY, NORINE

MURRAY, MARGARET

MURRAY, MR. B. J.

MURRAY, MR. J. H.

MYLER, B. J.

NEWCOMB, FRANCES

NOONAN, WM

O'CONNOR, HUGH M.

OLMAN, ANTON

O'NEIL, CON.

O'NEIL, JAMES W.

OPPENHUZZEN, H. B.

ORASNIK, ANTONA

ORASNIK, FRANK

PAGE, ELMO

PAGE, J. D.

PAGE, MISS A.

PAGE, WM.

PAPIN, HENRY

PAPIN, T.

PARSH, FRANK

PATTERS, C.

PATTERS, MARY

PETERS, AUGUST

PETERS, FRED

PETERS, MAYME

PIERCE, MRS. JOSEPH

PIERCE, MRS. MARY

PIERCE, S. T.

PLUMLOFF, GEO. A.

POWERS, MRS. M. J.

QUAIN, CHAS

QUIGG, MR. JOHN

QUILLAN, GEORGE

RADEMACHER, JOS.

RATHBUN, C.

RATHBUN, HUGH

REAGAN, MRS. FRANCES

REILLY, FRANK J.

REILLY, MRS. HUGH

REILLY, PATRICK

REILLY, PHILLIP

REILLY, THOMAS

REILLY, WM P.

REYNOLDS, MARGARET

RICHMONDS, MRS. A.

RILEY, T. N.

RILEY, WM A.

ROBINS, ANDREW

ROBINSON, ANNA AND IRMA

ROBINSON, MRS. ELIZABETH

ROCHE, W. P.

RODDY, MARY

ROIST, WM

RONAN, CECIL AND HAROLD

RONAN, J. T.

RONAN, N. P.

RONAN, S. J.

RONAN, WM

SAVAGE, WM

SCHILDROTH, WM H.

SCHILLIDAY, DAVID

SCHMIDT, ALBERT

SCHMIDT, CLARA

SCHMIDT, MARCELLA

SCHMIDT, MRS. JOHANNA

SCHMIDT, MRS. JOHN

SCHMIDT, VAL

SCHNEIDER, MR. ED.

SCHOENBORN, WM

SCHOLL, DAVID

SCHOLL, THERESA

SCHOPPS, ED.

SCHOPPS, MRS. F. P.

SCHWENTER, MRS. E.

SCRANTON, S. B.

SENNA, MRS. SARAH

SEWALD, J. R.

SHANAHAN, J. R.

SHANAHAN, MRS. ELLEN

SHANAHAN, MRS. MAURICE

SHEA, DAN

SHEA, JAMES

SHEEHAN, JAMES

SHERWOOD, MRS.

SHUKER, MR. J.

SIMON, MAUDE

SKELLEY, M. W.

SMITT, MRS. H.

SOBIE, W. S.

SPAULDING, CHAS

STAPLETON, WM

STEINBACH, H. M.

STEVENSON, OWEN

STUCHJES, JOS.

SULLIVAN, THOS

TALHURST, ALBERT

TALHURST, ETHEL

TALHURST, MR. AND MRS.

TANNEWITZ, A.

TAYLOR, CLAUDE O.

TENHOOPER, JNO.

THIEL, MRS. JOHN

THOMPSON, MR. & MRS. MICHAEL

TIERNEY, JAMES

TIERNEY, JOHN

TIERNEY, JOHN, SR.

TIERNEY, MRS. MARY E.

TOBIN, WM F.

TOEMMESMANN, F.

TRAVERSE, MARY

VANDERLAAN, N.

VANGORP, FRANK C.

VANOFFELEN, MISS GERTRUDE

VANROSSEM, F.

VIELKIND, H. O.

VILKIND, MR. H. O.

VINEKLASE, O.

VISNER, CHAS

VISNER, HAZEL

VISNER, LENORA

VISNER, MR. PETER

VISNER, THOS H.

VOSBERG, MRS.

WALSH, DANIEL

WALSH, J. B.

WALSH, J. P.

WALSH, JOHN

WALSH, KATIE

WALSH, MARTIN

WALSH, MR. & MRS. E. B.

WARNER, MRS. W. J.

WEAVER, D. B.

WEEKS, AMBROSE, JR.

WELCH, JAMES F.

WEST, MRS. BURT

WHALEN, JOHN

WIEGERS, MR. AND MRS. A.

WITKEM, A.

WITTLAND, GEORGE

YOUNG LADIES SODALITY

ZAHM, JULIUS

ZAHM, MRS. JULIUS

ZAHM, OTTO

Transcriber: Evelyn Sawyer
Created: 28 January 2002

URL: http://kent.migenweb.net/churches/catholic/stalphonsus.html