EARLY CHURCHES OF CANNONSBURG

 

THE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF CANNON 

The church was dedicated March 27, 1875. The society was formed about 1861.

The first members were:

Abraham Kromer and wife

Joseph Moore and wife

Jesse B. Armstrong and wife

George Armstrong and wife

Mrs. Schoomaker

Mrs. Allen

Charles Allen

Virgil Haines and wife

Mrs. Carten

Charles F. Judson

Eretta Judson

Mrs. Emily Thomas

Mrs. Lacey

M. W. Wiley

The church property at Cannonsburg is valued at $5,000. Rev. D. L. Eaton is

pastor.

 

THE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, NORTH OF CANNONSBURG

The Congregational Church north of Cannonsburg is the first church building erected in the township. The society was organized June 6, 1846 with the following members:

Nathaniel Steele Sydney Weller

W. C. Youngs F. B. Ray

Edgar Weller Thomas Cowan

The present pastor of Lowell and Cannonsburg was one of the early ministers of the church here(1880).

 

METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH 
 OF CANNONSBURG VILLAGE

The Methodist Episcopal Church of Cannonsburg Village was built in 1848. The Society was formed about 1846, when services were held in the first schoolhouse. Among the first members were:

John Hartwell and wife Robert Hartwell and wife

Wm. Provin and wife Thomas Noy and wife

James Thomas and wife Mrs. Louisa Litle

Isaac Tomlinson and wife


URL: http://kent.migenweb.net/churches/cannonsburgchurches.html