Gerald Rudolph Ford
38th President of the United States of America
Gerald R. Ford was born 14 Jul 1913 at Omaha, Nebraska. His name at birth was
Leslie Lynch King, Jr., the son of Leslie Lynch King and Dorothy Ayer Gardner.
His parents were married on 7 September 1912 at Harvard, Illinois. Two weeks
after his birth, Dorothy separated from her husband and took her son to her
sisterís home in Oak Park, Illinois, and then to her parents home in Grand
Rapids, Michigan. A divorce was granted to Dorothy on 19 December 1913. In 1917
she married a businessman of Grand Rapids, Gerald R. Ford. They soon began
calling her son, Gerald R. Ford, Jr. On the 3rd of Dec 1935 the name
was made legal.
He graduated from South High School in Grand Rapids, the University of Michigan and Yale Law School. He served in the U. S. Navy during World War II. In 1948, Ford was elected to Congress and married divorcee Elizabeth "Betty" Bloomer. Together, they had four children.
He became a U. S. Representative from Michigan in 1948, defeating Bartel Jonkman, and served for 26 years. He became the Republican Vice-President along with President Richard M. Nixon. When President Nixon resigned, he became the 38th President of the United States, from August 8, 1974 - January 20, 1977.
Descendants of Charles Henry King
Generation No. 1
1. CHARLES HENRY2 KING (LYNCH1) was born 12 Mar 1853 in Perry Tp., Fayette, Pennsylvania, and died 27 Feb 1930 in Los Angeles, CA. He married MARTHA ALICIA PORTER.
Children of CHARLES KING and MARTHA PORTER are:
2. i. LESLIE LYNCH3 KING, b. 25 Jul 1886, Chadron, Nebraska; d. 18 Feb 1941, Tucson, Arizona.
ii. SON #2 KING.
iii. DAUGHTER #1 KING.
iv. DAUGHTER #2 KING.
v. DAUGHTER #3 KING.
Generation No. 2
2. LESLIE LYNCH3 KING (CHARLES HENRY2, LYNCH1) was born 25 Jul 1886 in Chadron, Nebraska, and died 18 Feb 1941 in Tucson, Arizona. He married (1) DOROTHY AYER GARDNER 07 Sep 1912 in Harvard, Illinois - divorced 19 Dec 1913, daughter of LEX GARDNER and ADELE AYER. She was born 27 Feb 1892 in Harvard, Illinois, and died 17 Sep 1967 in Grand Rapids, MI - Woodlawn Cemetery. He married (2) MARGARET ATWOOD 1919 in Reno, Nevada.
More About LESLIE LYNCH KING:
Burial: 1941, Forest Lawn Cemetery, Glendale, California
Child of LESLIE KING and DOROTHY GARDNER is:
3. i. GERALD RUDOLPH4 FORD, b. 14 Jul 1913, Omaha, Nebraska; d. 26 Dec 2006, Palm Desert, California.
Children of LESLIE KING and MARGARET ATWOOD are:
ii. SON4 KING.
iii. DAUGHTER 1 KING.
iv. DAUGHTER 2 KING.
Generation No. 3
3. GERALD RUDOLPH4 FORD (LESLIE LYNCH3 KING, CHARLES HENRY2, LYNCH1) was born 14 Jul 1913 in Omaha, Nebraska, and died 26 Dec 2006 in Palm Desert, California. He married ELIZABETH ANN BLOOMER 1946 in Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan. She was born 1916.
Children of GERALD FORD and ELIZABETH BLOOMER are:
i. John 'JACK'5 FORD.
ii. MICHAEL FORD.
iii. STEVEN FORD.
iv. SUSAN FORD.
Created: 23 January 2007