Kortlander Building, 1916
The Kortlander Building, at the southeast corner of West
Fulton and Commerce streets, by Sidney Osgood, was built in 1912. The
building was razed when the freeway system was built in the early 1960's.
The Grand Rapids Savings Bank building, right, now called the People's Building,
Monroe and Ionia, was the Osgood firm's first skyscraper.
Created: 24 January 2008